Training and Meeting Rooms
Marquand Library, McCormick Hall
(Instruction Room A62)
The instructional classroom is on A-Level (to the right as one enters the floor from the stairwell), and has movable tables. Its primary purpose is for library instruction classes and related workshops conducted by Marquand Library staff for students, faculty and staff in conjuction with the Department of Art and Archaeology. It also is available for classes wishing to consult Marquand Rare Books (location: SAX). It may be used as a backup, if available, when library instruction or meeting spaces elsewhere on campus are occupied.
- Ten Dell laptops with Microsoft Windows Vista, including an instructor's laptop; laptops are stored and recharged in a moveable cart. Marquand Library has 5 additional laptops available if needed. Please contact a staff member prior to your class to reserve them.
- Overhead transparency projector
Media cabinet: DVD, VHS, CD (for technical support, contact Media Services, x3196 or media@)
- Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0
- Adobe Reader 8.1.2
- Dreamweaver MX 8
- Endnote X1.01
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Mozilla Firefox
- Oxygen XML Editor
- Real Player
- Refworks Write-n-Cite
- Voyager Clients
This is a partial list. Check the workstations for other applications and
contact the Systems Office to load applications required for your training
Responsibilities of Trainers
- No food or drink is allowed in Marquand Library.
A member of the Marquand staff must open the room.
Close all applications and power off all laptops
at the end of each session. All laptops, mice and mousepads should be returned to the charging cart. Each laptop should be placed in its slot and plugged in to the power cord in the cart.
Turn off projection and media equipment at the end of each session.
- Erase chalkboard at the end of each session.
Turn off the lights and lock the door at the end of each session
- Make sure the room is neat and clean when session is done.
To reserve or set up an orientation of this room and its equipment, please contact Rebecca Friedman x3163 (or x3783), email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 8/10/07 - content manager Tracy Hall